A HERITAGE THAT MUST BE PRESERVED
Founded in 1932, the Consorzio per la tutela dell’Asti has a very clear objective: to do whatever is necessary to safeguard, enhance and promote, in Italy and around the world, Asti and Moscato d’Asti wines. These two premium products are leaders in the segment of quality “sweet” wines and sparkling wines and they represent a vast background of culture, memories, traditions, knowledge and stories of entire family lineages that have dedicated their entire lives to sacrifice and commitment to their vineyards.
Asti docg and Moscato d’Asti docg embody the strong, tenacious and resilient side of Italy, driven by the desire and the ambition to make their territory and its values known around the world, informing consumers so that they can be fully aware of the value of their choice.
The Consortium currently brings together more than 174 must producers, sparkling wine firms and cooperatives, as well as 1,800 wine growers.
The aims of the Consortium are to:
- Provide technical assistance, draw up study proposals and business and economic assessments to enhance the value of the Designation.
- Protect and safeguard the Designation from violations, unfair competition and forgery.
- Carry out activities involving protection, promotion, consumer information, enhancement and general care of the interests of the Designation on behalf of all the members included in the Designation surveillance systems.
- Implement supply control policies to improve the coordination of market access for the Designation, after consulting the category representatives.
- Define plans to improve product quality.
- Act in administrative and judicial courts, in Italy and abroad, to protect and safeguard the Designation and to protect the interests and rights of the producers.
- Perform surveillance activities, mainly in the market.